
Had Olan's 9 month check-up on Friday. He's now in the 99th percentile for height and the 70th for weight. He was his most charming flirty little self with our doctor and she was going on and on about the cuteness of him. As if we didn't already know! All else was well with him, hitting all the milestones right on time. He's so tall!
I stayed at Mom and Dad's for the weekend since the boys were up at the cottage property. We had a fun girls night... which meant ordering Chinese, drinking copious amounts of caesars and watching a movie. Then Mom, Olan and I tried a new restaurant for brunch. Yummers! Then we shopped around, mostly trying to find a swing for Olan for at the cottage. He sure loves swings.
Olan finally managed to get his hands on one of Gran's pretty red glass canisters he's always admired and this unfortunately resulted in his first broken adult thing :( It happened so fast! It was a wake-up call for me. Because he's not totally mobile on his own (he can't crawl and he can't walk without help) my blinks are that of the average human INSTEAD of the super hyper-fast blinks of the mom with a mobile child. You know the kind, their eyes are like a lizard- big, liquidy, all-seeing and they NEVER seem to close- I'm going to have to work on that. Sure, it might not be very attractive, but if it can save me from saying "sorry!" over and over again for the next million years then I'm all for it.

3 comments:
Hi Megan,
I've been a regular on your blog. Olan is adorable and I do hope to meet him this summer! I hear you guys are coming up again. If you let me know the dates, I'll try my darndest to get there.
Cheers,
Liz Hendriks
Oh hooray!!! I was hoping we'd get to see you, we were all hoping actually! We weren't sure because I guess the date of your defense was up in the air? I don't have your email so hopefully you'll check back here.
We'll be back at the lake from roughly (don't know everyone's exact arrival dates) August 12-17 give or take a day on either side.
Hope to see you and your gorgeous man :)
gorgeous man might be away but I'll be there:)
hendriks.elizabeth@gmail.com
Post a Comment