Went to the library this morning before it got truly hot. Olan needed some new books, and so did I. He's now reading the fuzzy duck, in FRENCH (what a smartypants!) and I'm reading The Birth House (in English). I did some wheeling and dealing online while he napped and we now have a beautiful big crib for him to sleep in. His present crib is a little one and I adore it, but the plain truth of it is that it's just too small for our gentle giant. So it was delivered tonight and tomorrow I'll attempt to put it together.
In the afternoon we made our way to yoga class, only to find out that it had been cancelled. My poor yoga teacher has a three year old who just had brain surgery a few weeks ago and apparently something went wrong and she needed to be rushed in to emerg. What on earth is fair about any of that? She's the nicest woman and her little girl is like a sweet little elf. Just sucks on every level.
One of the other moms and I decided to head to the park and find some shady swings. Olan had a great time with Davide (his french babbling came in handy too). Davide is two months older and can walk. Well Olan just thought that it was the greatest thing, he was in awe. Every time Davide headed off, I had to lead Olan after him. He just wanted to follow him everywhere, just to follow and watch. Very funny and sweet.
Tonight he got in some quality playtime with his dad. Now he's asleep in his little bed and we're just chilling out. Adam is very happy, he's acting as a consultant for the Discovery Centre as they build an ant farm. What could make Adam happier than mucking about with the ins and outs of building a fantastic ant farm? Plus, the dudes there know little about the fascinating world of ants so Adam is able to fill them in :).
Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter so we're having an ice cream playdate at the gardens with a couple of friends. Bring on the heat and sun!!!
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment