Thursday, April 05, 2007

I'm five pounds lighter!

Because I have no hair!!! That's right people, after a 15-16 year run with these long locks, they hit the tile this afternoon. Orla (my righteous stylist) chopped them all off. She was nervous... I was not. I did have the presence of mind to make sure that her scissor hand wasn't shaking :) It was funny because as soon as she came out to get me, she said "so we're cutting all your hair off?"... she just KNEW. So now I have mom hair, and I now understand why it's mom hair, because it makes life with little grabby hands waaaaaay nicer! I think that I like it... but it will take a few days to really make up my mind. Adam loves it, Mer loves it and Olan keeps giving me funny looks. I feel like my head is going to float away...



While I went and got chopped, Meredith and then Adam babysat. Poor Aunty Mer got to deal with an exorcist barf and an explosive pooh, the full baby treatment. Here's some pictures after everyone was cleaned up, that little boy sure loves his Mer. He does this thing where he attacks her face... mostly her chin, it's HILARIOUS and he doesn't do it with anyone else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

spiff doo yo. i know things have been quiet on this end, but thanks for the posting. love it.

i must say that in that last photo, it does look like Olan might be under the spell of a sinister feline... glowing eyes and all.

thanks again for the posts and pics.

hope all is well and groovy.

Anonymous said...

i think i might love him more!
xo mer

Anonymous said...

Yes! You are now officially a mommy- new dew looks fabulous!
-Barb