Thursday, April 05, 2007

Poopy day- weather wise

It is all gruddy out today... blah. Not very inspiring. However, I'm all blissed out since Olan has succumbed to his morning nap. The poor mite didn't have a nap until 4:00 yesterday! He kept trying to sleep yesterday morning but every time I would deposit him in his crib he would wake back up. I left an hour early for yoga, got a chai misto and planned to walk around while he slept, usually a foolproof plan. Instead, for the entire hour he grumbled and grumped. Then in yoga the whole class was a DISASTER. It was as if each baby there had been possessed! They were all SO cranky and grumpy... including our little Olio. Of course as soon as the class was over, we weren't even out the door before his little head was nodding and the blinks were getting longer and loooonger. The thing that kept it from being a total disaster was that there were two new babies in class, both little girls who were 7 weeks old. So, SO tiny... I CANNOT believe that Olan was ever that small. They were like little sacks of rice... and those little scrunchy faces... oh my lord! AND... one of the moms asked if I could hold Lauren while she got set up. CAN I??? Of course! So I try to look like the professional... my baby is five and half months old after all, I've got this business down :) It was hilarious, she was so floppy! It was like holding a really floppy, slippery feather! Terrifying but very fun. I still can't get over how light she was.... such a little bag of beans!

We tried to go look at a house last night but the stars were not aligned so it will have to wait until today. Adam got home at 5 yesterday... shock of a lifetime. Of course he worked until 2am the night before. Craziness I tell you, just plain craziness.

And for Adam... Masters weekend has begun everyone! Can you feel the excitement in the air? The whiff of azaleas on that springtime air? The sweet sound of a Nike SasQuatch 460 cc driver making contact with a little white ball? Oh lord help us, so it begins...

No comments: