Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This boy is amazing



This post serves as nothing but a shameless brag about this boy of mine. He's changing so fast that I've got to try to keep track of some of these new skills. Among them are:

Pretending. All of a sudden, he's imaging doing things. He'll pluck something off the wall, a chair, the floor, wherever and come and pop it in my mouth or put it in a container. He loves it when I get all excited about whatever it is he's brought me and pretend to eat it, hide it, etc. with great relish.

Air guitar. Adam received a small electric guitar ornament for Christmas. We take it and pretend to rock out. Then Olan takes it and pretends to play too. He makes these "guitar sounds" which are hilarious. He gets so into it, I can't get enough!

Playing the harmonica. Adam bought Olan a harmonica for Christmas. I must admit that I thought that it was a bit too soon, he's only one after all! But he's now gone from holding it and looking bewildered to actually being able to play a few notes.

Singing. Yup, he can sing. It's hard to describe what it sounds like so you'll just have to trust that it's the sweetest thing you've ever heard.

Talking & signing. The words and signs are piling up so fast we can't keep track. He has Io down now, always gets it right. Other new ones are cow, flower, ear, logo (said while pointing to the Tim Hortons logo on a bag) and vaccuum. He's signing help, please, more and hurt.

No comments: