Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Houston, we have a tooth!


This definitely explains Olan's difficult night last night. Who knew that a sharp little tooth was trying to make its way into the world? There we were in yoga class when all of a sudden he started roaring away- not crying but roaring- everyone thought it was hilarious but something seemed to be bothering him. He was holding my hand and next thing I know he bit right onto my finger, kind of a "check this out mom, moment". His gum felt a bit roughish and once I probed around there it was, a sharp little tooth. So now we'll just keep the camilia coming and hope that it doesn't cause him too much distress.

I swear I got so weepy, right in the middle of class when I felt that little sharp little tooth. There were those sweet little gums changed forever. It seems silly, but it means that he's not a little newborn anymore. :(

We went and met Adam in the gardens after work and took some pictures in the glorious forsythia... not a tooth to be seen but I imagine it will be awhile before we can catch one on film (or not since we have a digital camera). We also fed the ducks, Olan is endlessly fascinated with them. They're very greedy right now, especially the females, perhaps because it's nesting season. Anyways, one jumped up on my knee yesterday! Crazy ducks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, you got a forsythia shot! Is that even how you spell it? Anyway, however you did it it turned out great.
Congrats on your new tooth Olan, growing up so fast!
Love you,
Auntie Mer

Jen said...

I can't believe Olan is teething already! He is just beautiful.

You guys look just fabulous. I love it!