Of course if they're blogging does that mean that they'll do all the Isabelle bragging and I won't be able to? Hmm.... maybe it will just be a lovefest all around!
Gave work the date that I'll be starting my confinement on. Only four more work days to go! It is a very bizarre thing this mat. leave. You haven't quit or been laid off, you're just happily heading off to change your life forever. I hope that all will go well when I'm gone but I probably won't really think about it very much. Weirdness. So I started planning all these mid-day extravagances that I would never normally be able to do. I'm getting my hair cut at 2:00pm! And I'm going to go have my Mama Mia massage and get my lashes tinted... all in the middle of the day. It was hilarious when I called to make my hair appointment. The receptionist was all "what would be a good time for you" and I was like "whenever!" and all giggly. They'll probably have a straightjacket ready for me in the chair :)

3 comments:
Four days... that's awesome. How long is the leave there... 6mo? 9? 12?
Will Adam be able to snag any time away once the package arrives? Will they give him a "sub" for a week or so... not that "a week or so" would feel like enough.
hope all'y'all are doing well...
I'll be taking a year off. Adam will take any time right around birth time off but after that he'll go in for classes... it's 3 classes a week for about 3 hours at a time so not too bad. He should probably be able to cut his office hours to just appointments during the first little while. We won't do any maternity/paternity splitting because he's on contract. It should work out pretty well. If he was nine to five, monday to friday then it would suck. Canadian maternity leave rocks, no question. Aly is taking a year too.
A year... one more wonderful thing about the world on that side of line. Cool that Aly(B?) will be taking a year too... perhaps you two can spend some Mom-Time together... how cool-weird. Also nice that Adam's time is so flexible, that should make the first stretch easier, and more enjoyable for all.
Post a Comment