Yesterday we went to Windhorse farm for their open farm day. It's a buddhist run place that has a forestry operation, gardens, carpentry shop, etc. all run in a very eco-friendly way. I went last year and had a sleepover because a friend was working there. This year I took Adam and Dad so that they could see all the neat stuff I saw last year. We went on the tour of the whole woodlot and learned about selective tree cutting and lots of other interesting stuff. Dad and Adam seemed fairly interested until we were learning about "stillness" and whacking a big gong in the woods :) Then we had a delicious lunch and lounged around in the garden. I bought a big ginormous jar of their fresh honey which I LOVE to swirl in my hot cereal in the morning. I showed them around the different buildings which have solar energy systems and rainwater collecting things... lots of food for thought before we start our cottage building. Speaking of which, we stopped at the property on the way home. I brought my bathing suit but totally chickened out and couldn't do more than dip my toe in. It was COLD! So I rubbed a little water on my tummy which MUST be good for the baby. Everything looked good, we sat in the "living room" and admired the view across the lake.
After a brief Sydney pee stop we went and had a delish dinner at Chives. The owner/chef did the food styling for our last cookbook so I'd been eager to check out the place. It was totally yummy. After we raced through dinner as fast as we could we headed to St.Matts for a Jill Barber concert. It was great, that church is SUCH a great place for a concert. So intimate and the sound was beautiful. We had great seats up on the balcony too. Good times.
Today, Adam shot a 72 which makes him a very smiley, happy boy. His dream of a single digit handicap before the baby is born may become a reality. Fingers crossed.
I tooled around... tidied, washed windows, gabbed on the phone, set up this crazy tent thing the neighbours gave us to keep the cats out of the crib... all that kind of exciting stuff. Now we're going to devour this yummy smelling smoked fish/celery root/potato pieish thing I made. I have high hopes.

No comments:
Post a Comment