Tonight was the Santa Claus parade. It feels a bit early to me, and I hadn't really discussed Christmas with Olan yet so last night I figured I'd better start planting the seeds. Little did I know how easily he would cotton on to the whole deal. He was immediately very excited about seeing this Santa dude in the parade and decided that Santa should give him a yellow dump truck. There were a few minutes there where I needed to negotiate around the whole gift issue, and avoid any confusion there might be about Santa giving him said gift at the parade. Phew.
But thanks to my little pre-bed Santa chat guess who was bright-eyed and bushy tailed and babbling away about Santa Ho-ho-ho at 5 frickin' thirty am this morning??? It sure as hell wasn't me. So we basically spent the day waiting for it to be time to go to the parade. And while it was so nice and toasty warm, 15 degrees, it was also pouring rain. After dinner, we made our way downtown and found the perfect parade watching spot, complete with hot choccies and cookies.
Olan had a blast. He was SO in to it! The favoured line of the night was definitely "what next mommy?" as he peered down the street anticipating the next float. I'm so excited for Christmas, he's going to love it. I didn't think that he'd be this into it at such a young age, but he's all full of talk about reindeer and Santa and sleighs, etc. Hopefully we can sustain the level of excitement until the 25th. :)







1 comment:
Isabelle too is having a problem with the whole "we talked all about him so WHERE is he" scenario. Explaining why there are no presents TODAY for the next 5 weeks might be painful but nice to know we are not alone in this exercise :)
Post a Comment