Thankfully, day two went much better. He didn't freak out as we approached the building like I thought he might, instead he happily sat down to play and didn't even seem to notice whether I was there or not. I stayed for about 15 minutes, but it seriously seemed like it was more for me. Then I quietly tiptoed out... something that seems so odd to me, it feels so mean! When I returned an hour later his eyes looked a bit teary but apparently he'd just had a big ole poop and wasn't impressed with having some strange woman dealing with his parts... Adam is totally on board with this :) But he was calming down, without me.
So we decided that I would leave him for a half day today and pick him up after lunch. He and Adam set out earlier this morning, Olan happily nestled against his daddy's chest (which is where he wants to be in the morning anyways). So I sit here, trying to relax and enjoy the "me" time but really I'm braced for the ringing phone and the screams in the background. Hopefully it will all go well!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
dang - these posts sting a bit. i can't imagine an easy way to slip out. i wish ye luck... all of ye.
does that ever sound sucky pants.
bonne chance choufleure
Post a Comment