Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Countdown sadness

So this is the last week of maternity leave togetherness for Olan and I. He starts his daycare transition next week, which just means that he goes a little bit each day until he's there all day. So I'm sad. I want this week to be all fun but everything feels like a last time. We went to our last mom & baby yoga class today, which was sad. At the end of the class, Olan gave our instructor (who is one of the first loves of his life) this huuuuuge hug, and she got a little teary, and then I did too. It was like he knew it was the last one. When we started those classes, he was 6 weeks old and the youngest in the class. Today, he was the oldest. Time really does fly. Everyone tells you to hang on to each precious moment, and you try, but somehow they still escape you and fly away so bloody fast.

When we got home from class, he crashed out and I just held his heavy little body on top of mine before I transferred him into his crib. I just luxuriated in it. Here we were, in the middle of the day, together, his little ribs bumping against mine with every breath and the sweet swell of his hair in my nose. I laid there, listening to his little snurfling noises and fluffy little farts.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh god. I'm almost crying. This is depressing.

Unknown said...

You're the greatest mom a boy could ever have, Ohmeggo. It's just the beginning for you two. Only the very beginning.

A

alyson said...

I'm totally vaklempt (sp?). I feel your pain sister.