Monday, June 18, 2007

Knock, knock. Come on in computer dorks!

So I'm obsessed with Friday Night Lights. It's the greatest show ever. We didn't get to watch it in the regular season since we don't have cable, but they're replaying during the summer, thank the good lord above. I swear I could watch each episode 30 times in a row. Which brings me to my computer dork question. Is there any easy way to hide your ip address? If I go to the series website it knows my location and won't let me watch. Is there an easy (key word here is easy) way to trick them? Help, help, help!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiding your IP is super easy. You just find yourself an open proxy and surf way.
To get ye started:
http://www.hidemyass.com/
http://proxify.com/
http://www.youhide.com/
http://www.proxyblind.org/

There are many many many. So if for some reason these don't jive, just google "anonymous proxy" or something like that, you'll find tons.

That said, the proxy route can be a bit sluggish (to say the least) and video streams could be really painful.

A better (less-legal) method might be googling this "site:dailymotion.com "Friday Night Lights" that'll let you know if anyone has posted it on dailymotion.

If that doesn't work and you want to delve deeper into the dark side, bounce me an email and I'll hook you up.

alyson said...

Ah...leave it to Jared! I HAVE no idea, but do share your love of Friday Night Lights and so really wanted to help you out. Surely that counts for something?!

meghan & olan said...

Ahhh, brilliant! I knew that I could count on you Jareed!

If I have any problems or do indeed need to "delve deeper into the dark side" then I always know who to call :)

THANK YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

what the hell is an open proxy???
jared, can you just fly to halifax, meet your godson and teach us all a thing or two about watching t.v. shows on the internet?
xo mer

Anonymous said...

You guys are all sick, sick, sick!!!

Anonymous said...

we'd love nothing more than to bop over and see the boy... and the rest of ye. in fact we hope to do so in the nearish future... we hope.

ps: Proxy