Sunday, February 11, 2007

Leg One: Ottawa

Olan's very first flight was to Ottawa. He was great, especially considering the size of the plane, which was tiny. His only issue was with getting going, he prefers not to sit around on the tarmac. Once we realized this, we always made sure to board last so that he had minimal time sitting around.

Because we were travelling with my dad, we had access to the Maple Leaf lounge in every airport, this was a BIG plus. A nice place to relax, free food and drinks, comfy chairs, fancy washrooms. Olan and Isabelle felt quite at home :)

Both babies were incredible through all our travels. The look of horror on fellow passengers faces when they saw us boarding with two small babies changed to one of disbelief as we disembarked and Alyson and I were told numerous times what great little babies we have... as if we didn't know!

Ottawa was fun, and Olan enjoyed playing with all Isabelle's toys. While we were there, he came down with a cold, which I suspect he contracted at our playdate before the trip. The cold made him a little cranky but he still enjoyed shopping, visiting and he and I both loved the fancy breastfeeding room at the Rideau Centre. Now that's shopping!

He got to meet Renée's little boy Logan, who is a total dreamboat. It was neat having the three of them together since the last time I saw Renée was when she, Alyson and I were all preggers. Now we've all got these amazing babies all born within a one month span. Craziness.

He also got the meet, and get covered in smooches, by the entire Andrews clan. It was fun to see Trystan carrying him around... weren't we all just babies a couple of weeks ago?

Once we collected Alyson and Isabelle, and left Uncle G to his new job, we headed off to Vancouver.

No comments: