Thursday, September 30, 2010

Terry Fox, superhero

The Terry Fox run is a big deal at Olan's new school. Terry's brother came and talked to the kids at Assembly and yesterday they had another special assembly to watch a movie about Terry. Then today, the big run! All of this has had a fantastic impact on Olan, he's been very interested in talking about Terry, who he was and what he did and why it was all so important. After watching the movie yesterday he said to me last night "Terry said that he wasn't special, but he was very special wasn't he mommy".

Last night I made him a special t-shirt to wear today for the run and he was over-the-moon excited when I gave it to him after breakfast today. That's the kind of superhero t-shirt I can deal with.

He did a great job of the run, only stopping "one time on the hill for a rest" and then ran for the duration. They even staged another run in the after school program because the kids had so much fun.

Here he is, *trying* to be patient while I took his picture

No comments: