Sunday, April 19, 2009

it was the best of times!



We had such a fantastic trip. The only bad thing about it was that it had to end. 

The weather was blissful and the bigger condo fit the whole clan nicely... poor Aunty Mer was stuck on a couch with early risers in the house so I fully expect her to take to her bed for a week once she gets back to catch up on all the shut-eye she no doubt missed!

It was great fun to have Easter in Florida. The Easter Bunny tracked us down and hid loads of eggs out on the beach for Liam, Sarah, Isabelle and Olan to find. He hid them all in sandcastles, which was genius. There were even sandcastles with nothing in them to fake out the hunters. We all had a great time watching and helping in the hunt.

We all loved to see Olan and his Belle together again. Those two have such a special relationship... we were questioned I don't know how many times about whether they were twins because they get along so well and are so close. It was beyond sweet to look over at them playing and see them spontaneously hugging.

Just a couple of the many *interesting* conversations between Belle & Olan, I swear I could listen to the two of them all day.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Isabelle: That's my baby brother Oliver. He cries all day you know.

Olan: Oh.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Isablle: Are you happy?

Olan: Yes. Are you happy?

Isabelle: Yes.

Olan: Oh good.

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Olan keeps wondering why we're back in Halifax and has begged me on more than one occasion to take him back to the condo. Sobs of "I want the condo, I want the condo" have been heard throughout Halifax since our return. Ahh, the complexities of explaining jobs, money and all that stuff to a two-year-old!

Huge, HUGE thanks to Mom and Dad for making yet another wonderful place for us to all be together.




2 comments:

Gran said...

Thanks for posting the pictures-they are great-brings back good times!!!

Unknown said...

My god I can't believe Belle's hair! She's beautiful. And it's good to see that her and Olan are still so close.

Adam