
On our drive in this morning we spotted a logging truck ahead. Big news. The level of excitement in the car skyrocketed. Then, we somehow caught up with the logging truck! And not only that, but we were BOTH stopped at a red light, SIDE BY SIDE. Olan was beside himself. So beside himself that when the big burly driver started waving at him Olan started blowing kisses like crazy. What else can a two-year-old in that state do??? Needless to say, both the big burly driver and I were cracking up like mad.
Then tonight there was a big accident and we were stuck in traffic FOREVER. Olan started whining and complaining "all done... no more car... want this, want that, etc.". I explained that I was all done too but that there was lots of traffic so I had to just keep on driving until we got home. He was quiet for a moment and then said "one person drive, one person play guitar". I handed him his little "coustic" guitar (read acoustic) and he strummed away for the rest of the ride. What a sensible idea.

1 comment:
he's a rocker. dear lord those logs are enormous! that truck would get me hooting too - smart bean you have there.
I love that Olan is so good at communicating! He seems so *reasonable* isn't he the 'terrible two' now? I LOVE IT.
Post a Comment