Sunday, October 19, 2008

Party central!

The party was all that it should be... screaming friends, presents of all sizes and shapes, icing smears on the floor. It was two-year-old bliss. The topper was running outside to see the swingset Grandpa made for him. He still doesn't quite believe that it's his for keeps,  he keeps saying "one more time" as he flies down, as if we're at the park and have to leave.



The pre-party clean boy shot

A tool belt and hardhat, watch out Grandpa!

Figuring out the kazoo

Katie the big-kid helps him out with the barn

His "cappillar cake". A favourite book right now is Eric Carle's "The Hungry Caterpillar", Olan can recite the whole thing. This is what he picked as a cake... and then I had to figure out how to pull it off.

Getting ready to dive in


"I like it!" ... No shit, icing and cholcolate, what's not to like???

The big swingset unveiling...

Happy, happy boy

Big boy swing

Climbing up for another go, and another, and another...

Cleaning up after all his friends were gone...

1 comment:

Jen said...

THAT CAKE IS SPECTACULAR. I can't believe Olan's two already! the F Bomb is turning 1 on Sat and I'd like to request a hungry catcherpillar cake too please