In the beginning there was Joan the breastfeeding guru at the Mom and baby clinic. She showed me the wonders of breastfeeding lying down and made all the necessary adjustments to make sure that we were doing it the right way. Hell, these days you could pretty much hang me by my right toe from a crane 200 ft in the air with one hand tied behind my back and I could breastfeed at the same time, with ease. Pffft... someone SHOWING you how to breastfeed??? It's so eeeeeasy.
We've come a long way Olan and I, and its been an incredible thing to nourish this little growing body of his.
The week also coincides with Olan moving to the big kid room at school and he's quite puffed up and proud to be "a BIG boy". This has helped the transition immensely.

2 comments:
ah, so sad. it's nice to her of another mother going the distance with breastfeeding. i recently took some heat b/c the F-Bomb is 1 year and I'm not even considering weaning.
I'm glad to say that I never received any heat, just encouragement. NS has the lowest rate of women continuing to breastfeed once they leave the hospital so I thought that I would hear a comment or two.
I would just tell people that the WHO is now recommending you do it for two years and that should shut them up :) As if there isn't piles and piles of research telling the world what a beneficial thing it is. Why else would poor Jessica be trying to feed two little monsters at the same time... god bless her!
Post a Comment