
Olan loves music. Our stereo is fairly low to the ground so he considers it part of his empire. He's gotten really quite good at operating it too. He can turn in on and off and adjust the volume. Somehow, we're not quite sure how, he always ends up on the same radio station, HalFM. It's a hard rock station, and while Adam is a fan, I'm not. But somehow, the station always finds its way back.
So this morning there was some crazy song on and it was driving me mental and it was morning and I hadn't had sufficient coffee yet so I marched over to the stereo and turned it to the next available station, which happened to be country. As soon as I did it, Olan dropped the toy he was playing with ran over to the stereo making distressed "Uh, UH!" noises and started jabbing away at the stereo. He was mad! Finally, his jabbing resulted in the return of his beloved hard rock. He walked back to his toy and continued playing.
I can't believe that he knew the difference, and that he enjoys one type of music over the other. Isn't he too young for this stuff? And why hard rock...

6 comments:
Guess who's getting the first four Black Sabbath albums for Christmas...
and some zeppelin. i love him more and more and more every day.
sweet t-shirt by the way... love it!
I'm sure it's Adam's fault...all that break dancing he used to do.
hay some folks need coffee. some need hard rock. everyone has there own rythem that gets them through the day that may be olans gramp c
Nurse! we need 100dB's of Sabbath and Zeppelin stat! this boy could be a rocker!
Meghan, he's a Collins. And Collins boys are born from rock itself.( except Brent...whos born from some Dr.Hook meets Jim Croce thing)
Just be thankful that Olan didn't have a guitar strapped on his back at birth....or that he hasn't been listening to metal.( but i may try to change that ...just fyi)
Post a Comment