There's something so magical about the first snow of the season. Olan and I were halfway to the grocery store when those first big flakes started drifting down. I'm so glad that it happened on the weekend, so that I could enjoy it with him. He loved it, pointing away, looking all around saying "Uh, uh, UH", look Mom, what is this stuff!?! When we got home he just stood in front of the sliding door pointing and watching... mesmerized. I remember that. Being so excited and overwhelmed and I loved watching him. It's still coming down right now, I hope that there's a bit on the ground in the morning so that he can explore. It's all about the simple pleasures people.
It's hard to see the snow in this picture... but believe me it was coming down.

Earlier in the day Olan had a major wipeout, the floor just reached up and bit him. His little bottom teeth went right into his top lip. It was a bloody, teary mess. Poor little bean. Now there's a piece of skin hanging off and I don't know what to do... do I pull it off? It seems like a mom thing to do, but I don't want to pull off more than I need too. Gross.
1 comment:
oh poor handsome, i don't know if you should rip it off... i would be scared... ouch!
i hope there's snow tomorrow for dinner, we can play! oh the tobbogganing (sp?) and the snowmen and snow angels and snowball fights we are going to have... good times!
Post a Comment