That's right, whoever designed newspapers wasn't thinking of ease of use. I think that it was someone who wanted to block their spouse out during breakfast. Perhaps the spouse in question was particularly bedheaded and unattractive in the a.m., who knows? All I know is that since having Olan I have yet to make it through a newspaper. I also have yet to pick up a book- this from the girl who would DIE if she didn't read at least a few pages from whatever book she had on the go before going to sleep. I was even halfway through a book when I went into labour. An interesting book too, but I have yet to pick it back up. You see, the only time I can possible read anything is when Olan is feeding, but we're both sufficiently new at this that I can't completely concentrate on something else. So what has replaced my book and newspaper reading? Magazines.
I wasn't much of a magazine buyer in the past, Adam and I always go to the magazine store and flip through all our favourites, but I rarely buy them. Not now- no sir, I'll take all the magazines I can get. They contain the perfect bite size bits of information that I can handle, plus, they're the perfect size to balance in one hand.
So now, my head is filled with everything from whether Michael Ignatieff would be a good liberal leader, to how to raise a considerate child, to how to make felt mittens, to Reese and Ryan's breakup. All bases are covered :)
Friday, November 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment